What is it? Weebly is a website creator, that is fast and easy to learn how to use.
- It's as simple as clicking on an element/ feature (e.g. title, text, picture, etc.) dragging it to where you want it on the page, and dropping it there; it is extremely user-friendly.
- It's free! There are some extra features that you can only use on their Pro version (which you have to pay for), but for the most part, the features that are free, are really all you need.
- Easy to update. Once you click on "publish" it updates the website automatically.
- Increases home-school interaction; student assignments can be posted for parents to view, as well as for students to view if they are absent.
- You can include blogs, polls, surveys, contact forms, etc. on your site.
- The look of the website is appealing and professional.
- Adding security, music, and more come with the upgraded Pro price.
- More informative than interactive
- Design styles are pre-made and are difficult to customize if you don't know HTML
- Once it is published, it is public.
- Create a blog on your website to post announcements, upcoming assignments/ tests, etc.
- Students can take surveys about topics.
- Have students create their own Weebly site for an ePortfolio, presentation, etc.
- Share links to important resources or files.
A lot of teachers use Weebly here at Mt. Hebron. Here are a few that I have seen so far:
Mrs. Rosenberg's Website
Mr. Gitterman's Website
Mr. Bright's Webpage
Ms. Wolfe's Website
Ms. Zik's Website
Ms. Vealey's Website
Want to learn how to create your own Weebly site?
We could have an after-school PD session, OR you could schedule a one-on-one PD session with me, Tracy Richter. Either email me, or use the contact form below, to let me know which you would prefer.